The effects of cannabidiol (CBD) on miRNA expressions in epilepsy – Mona Heiland
Meet Mona Heiland, a final year Ph.D. student from RCSI, Ireland who under the supervision of Prof David Henshall is studying the effects of cannabidiol (CBD) on microRNA expressions in epilepsy.
CBD has shown its potential as an Anti-Seizure Medication; especially for drug-refractory genetic types of epilepsy, however, the underlying molecular mechanisms of CBD’s anti-seizure activities are still unknown. Mona investigates whether the anti-seizure effects of CBD are dependent on the regulation of microRNAs.
**CONNECT WITH MONA**
• Twitter: https://twitter.com/MonaHeiland
**READ ABOUT MONA’S WORK**
• Website: https://www.futureneurocentre.ie/people/mona-heiland
• ResearchGate: https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Mona-Heiland
• RCSI: https://repository.rcsi.com/authors/Mona_Heiland/7896944
**CHECK OUT THE PODCAST WITH MONA**
Available on Spotify, Apple, Google, Stitcher, Amazon Music, and Deezer – Type in “Epilepsy Sparks Insights”
**CONNECT WITH TORIE**
• Website: https://www.torierobinson.com
• Twitter: https://twitter.com/torierobinson10
• LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/torierobinson
• Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TorieRobinsonSpeaker